Website HomeCentris Healthcare
Empowering people to remain in the community.
This role requires a strong accounting background, as well as strong analytical and reporting skills. This position’s primary responsibility is to manage the timely and accurate compilation of financial information and statements to company leadership. This manager is responsible for the supervision and control of assigned General Ledger functions across all HomeCentris companies, ensuring accuracy in the financial systems. To provide monthly information and reports to leadership as they relate to financial operations for assigned local markets. To oversee all audits (internal and external) of the general accounting area for assigned functions for all HomeCentris.
Essential Job Duties AND Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting activities of all HomeCentris companies including journal entries, fixed asset accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Directs the month-end accounting close activities ensuring policies and procedures are in place to provide for the accurate recording of journal entries to include multi-entity allocations, inter-company transactions, and elimination entries as needed.
- Creates consistent and timely profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash flow statements, and full monthly reconciled and accrual accounting financial statements for all HomeCentris companies.
- Identifies areas of concern or opportunities for improvement prior to distributing financial statements to CFO and operations managers.
- Prepares account reconciliations and account analyses for CFO.
- Maintains company’s accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, including administering and paying vendors and contractors.
- Oversees key financial functions including payroll, billing, collections and cash postings and cash forecasting.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of accounting systems to facilitate compliance with laws and policies, efficient operations, and financial management.
- Directs the preparation of schedules and reports for internal users and external auditors and responds to special requests for information or reports from senior management.
- Maintains ongoing communication with the business unit management and finance staff functioning as internal advisor to supported business units, providing expertise, research, and required treatment for complex accounting issues.
- Downloads and imports data between the company’s various software packages. Designs import templates and interfaces to make interoperability more efficient.
- Creates and provide timely and effective management reporting in enterprise software and Excel that supports and drives decision making to achieve company financial goals.
- Prepares business unit and corporate budgets using historical information and operational insight to form assumptions.
- Provides strong customer service and communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains financial compliance requirements, including with payment sources and financial institutions.
- Coordinates finance department’s cross-functionally with the operating divisions of the business.
- Proactively raise issues and problem solve for issues with direct or indirect financial impact.
- Assists CFO in annual financial audit, cost report and tax preparations.
- Perform quarterly goal setting/performance reviews with direct reports (if any); interim performance counseling when needed; hire qualified staff as needed to meet company’s financial needs.
- Proactively supports business development efforts by offering innovative solutions and appropriate and timely financial reporting.
- Support CFO with additional assignments as needed.
- Five or more years of professional accounting experience.
- Knowledge of health care regulations and financial requirements.
- High proficiency with accounting software, including creating and customizing reports.
- Very high level of skill with Excel.
- Experience with GAAP accrual accounting, including working with aspects of the business that require unique treatment.
- Financial fluency, including creating, preparing, and interpreting financial statements and reports
- Experience with budget preparation.
- Experience with financial analyses, including margin analyses, variance analysis, cost center review, department profitability, and return on investment.
- Strong ability to communicate financial information to non-financial team members so that they can perform their roles and meet the financial needs of the company.
- Strength in problem solving, including offering multiple options of solutions with costs/benefits.
- Experience working with executives, demonstrated expertise in anticipating and fulfilling the needs and priorities of others.
- Highly effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills clear, articulate, authentic, and professional in all settings.
- Comfort with technology and not afraid to pick up and leverage new technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
- CPA and Home Health experience strongly preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Health benefits